Monday, October 12, 2009

ULF Founder/Visionary

I did not realize that William Hambrecht had a large hand in the UFL. I saw it reported on UFL Access this morning.
That is good news to me. Bill Hambrecht was involved with the USFL, as an owner of the Oakland Invaders.
I suspect the lessons of the USFL will be applied to the UFL.

What was even better news to me was reading that this has been a dream of Hambrecht's for 20 years. That implies, to me, that it has been well considered. The guy is a success story from his Princeton days.

I think Bill also owns part or all of the Las Vegas Locos.

One other note: If it took this bunch of rich guys 20 years to get this dream rolling, then maybe some of my dreams aren't as far fetched as I thought!

1 comment:

  1. Does this league even keep stats? It's website is useless. Comparing this league to the USFL is an insult to the USFL. The UFL PR people are incompetents.

    ReplyDelete