Friday, October 9, 2009

First UFL Game!

It was a doozy! UFL access has a good write up on the game. Your UFLFan site picked the winner correctly. Las Vegas over California by a score of 30-17. I was a little off on the California score, but what can I say, Denny Green had them looking better than I expected.

It was good football. There were some boneheaded errors, but it is the first game these guys have played in a long time (in most cases). Losman looked great in my opinion and Shane Boyd was stunning, especially when he got outside the pocket and scrambled a bit.

I hated to see a guy go down with a concussion in the first game, but fortunately they played it safe and took him out so they could evaluate him. Modern medicine knows that all those concussions are terrible for the players, so I applaud the UFL for being ultra-conservative on those things.

Great game. Hope you didn't miss it. If you did, watch the Versus network for the next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment