Sunday, October 18, 2009

California Redwoods VS. New York Sentinels


First off...Mike McMahon!!!! I remember this guy at the Lions. I always thought he was awesome. A running and throwing threat. I was thrilled to see him on the field for California. He was drafted back in 2001 so he is starting to show some age. Still, this is his first game in 2 years (he last played in the CFL) so I'll reserve judgement. He looked sharp, but also made sme poor decisions and made a couple of bad throws. Still, the Redwoods were dominant and won the game 24-9.
I had them picked to win, but not by that much. New York was good against the pass early on, but the run gouged them pretty bad. After that, the pass got going off of play-action plays and New York was never really back in it.
New York did have some good returns on kickoffs, showing some promise on special teams. Late in the game, though, when desparation set in, it felt like I was watching a team in NFL pre-season football.
On a completely separate note, the game did not look too well attended. I hope that picks up, Ticket prices are pretty cheap (starting between $7-10). I have no idea how ratings have been. I think the first week was highly watched. I don't know about after that. I have watched the games on HDnet from the UFL website and I think that is a great way to watch a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment